Easter Sunday


Polymer clay pendants

Happy Easter everybody!!!! I am having a lazy morning writing my blog in bed with a cup of coffee and what is left of the Easter egg I couldn't wait until today to open. It looks like a beautiful day outside and I cannot wait to get up and get out into the sunshine. I wonder if it is going to be a nice enough day for a barbecue.....I love barbecues, I would have one every day if I could. 

I have had a lovely week enjoying fresh air in the garden (planting poppies and violas) and creating these polymer clay pendants. I cannot take the credit for this design as it was originally demonstrated by the fabulous Rachel Norris on Jewellery Maker. These are my versions of her design. Rachel demonstrated the version with the wire butterfly....I struggled with the wire butterfly, I am not a naturally gifted wire worker, so decided to change my version to flowers. I made polymer clay poppies and pansies to incorporate into my designs. The photo above is of the pendants straight out of the oven. I still have to sand and varnish them at this stage.  I really enjoyed making them, this is my first batch, but I think there is room for improvement. I am going to try and make the flowers a little smaller in the next batch and create a wider range of shapes and sizes. 

This is a photo of my desk with all the clay prepared to make the flowers so there is no excuse not to get on with more creations!

Anyway, I will keep this post short and sweet. I am just about to head over to see Wendy and the others over at Handmade Monday, then it's time to enjoy the sunshine........

Comments

  1. Your pendents are beautiful, I do love poppies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely pendants, and your poppies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. Have you thought about putting them in small frames as a wall plaque?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely fresh designs - perfect for spring and summer :)
    i love the redness of poppies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment